Is there a woman out there who doesn’t want silky, smooth hair? Whether your hair is long, short, curly, or straight, you want shiny hair. Let’s be honest for a moment: shiny hair always leaves a good impression. And today, we will talk about how to make hair soft.
But first, we need to take a look at the structure of our hair. The outer layer is the one that contains natural oils. These oils keep your hair shiny and moist. When the outer layer is damaged, your hair will look dry. There are many factors that contribute to hair dryness. At the top of the list, we have nutritional deficiencies, overexposure to the sun, and use of harsh hair care products.
The best way to get silky, smooth hair is to take proper care of your hair. And that takes effort for both men and women. That being said, let’s discuss how to make hair soft using natural products.
We all know that eggs are oily. They are probably one of the cheapest and best products you can use to make your hair soft and shiny. Eggs are rich in protein and fatty acids, both of which help to repair damaged hair.
For the egg hair treatment, you need one egg, one tablespoon of olive oil, and one tablespoon of honey. Mix the ingredients until you get a smooth paste, and then apply on your damp hair and scalp.
When I was a little child, I remember my parents telling me beer is great for hair growth. And they were right. Beer contains several nourishing ingredients that help your hair cuticles and hair follicles.
If you want to use beer as a hair tonic, start by washing your hair with a shampoo. After that, apply beer to the roots and ends of your hair. Massage it into the scalp using circular motions, and then let it stay there for five minutes. Rinse it off. Repeat the treatment once every two weeks.
We said previously that our hair contains oils that nourish it. And it’s important to keep your hair nourished at all times in order to have smooth, soft hair.
Coconut oil contains a ton of nourishing ingredients that help moisturize your hair. For this treatment, you need a spoonful of coconut oil. Warm up the oil in your hands, and then apply it to your hair, going from the roots to the ends. Massage your hair for few minutes, and then cover your head with a shower cap for 30 minutes. Rinse with water and apply shampoo and conditioner as you normally do.
One of the richest foods with omega-3 fatty acids, avocado is a superfood. As such, avocado is not only good for your health, but for your hair as well.
You can also apply a mixture of avocado, banana, and ½ tablespoon of almond oil. The application process is the same.
We already had honey in one of the previous natural remedies for how to make hair soft. But honey is good enough for softening your hair on its own as well. Honey draws in moisture and keeps it in your hair.
For the honey treatment, you need two tablespoons of honey and two cups of warm water. Mix the ingredients, and then put the solution in a spray bottle. Shampoo your hair as usual and spray the solution on your hair. Massage slowly for five minutes, and then leave it on your hair for 15 minutes. Rinse with warm water. You can use the treatment once per week.
I know that a lot of people avoid mayonnaise in their diet—it’s not a healthy condiment. But in terms of making your hair soft, mayonnaise is one of the better products because it contains protein and amino acids.
Apply the ½ cup of mayonnaise on your freshly washed hair. Cover your hair with a shower cap, let it stay for 30 minutes, and then wash thoroughly. You can repeat the treatment once per week
Apple cider vinegar
While mayonnaise is not one of the healthier condiments and foods,
For this treatment, mix equal parts of ACV and water. Shampoo your hair, and then pour the mixture onto your hair. Massage slowly for a few minutes, and then let it stay for 5 more minutes. Rinse with cold water.
Rich with probiotics, protein, and many minerals and vitamins, yogurt acts as a deep conditioner for your hair. And let’s not forget that yogurt has natural antifungal and antibacterial properties.
For this treatment, start by thoroughly brushing your hair. Spread some plain yogurt over your hair and cover with a shower cap. Let your hair soak up the yogurt for 30 minutes, and then rinse with lukewarm water. Apply shampoo and conditioner as you usually do.
If there is one ingredient you can find in nearly every beauty product, it’s aloe vera. This plant contains vitamins and antioxidants that support healthy, soft hair. In addition, aloe vera removes dandruff.
Mix two tablespoons of coconut oil, three tablespoons of yogurt, and four tablespoons of aloe vera gel. Apply the paste on damp hair, let it stay there for 30 minutes, and then rinse with lukewarm water.
The last item on the menu to make hair soft is gelatin. This is actually hydrolyzed protein that can help with damaged hair.
For the treatment, you need one tablespoon of gelatin and one cup of warm water.
Quick solutions for silky, soft hair
When you need a quick solution for going out with silky, soft hair, I recommend following these tips.
- Suck up the excess water from your wet hair. The drier your hair is, the more nutrients it absorbs. Therefore, after you shampoo your hair, wrap it in a towel for two minutes to let it dry. Apply conditioner next to allow your hair to absorb all the nutrients from the conditioner.
- Apply conditioner only on the mid-shaft. Never add conditioner on the roots.Once you apply conditioner on the mid-shaft, use a wide-tooth comb to distribute it evenly down to the ends.
- When you apply conditioner, dampen the inside of a shower cap and wear it for 10 minutes with the conditioner on your hair. This will trap in steam, open your hair follicles, and allow your hair to absorb the nutrients from the conditioner.
- Never rinse too well. Your instinct might tell you to rinse the conditioner completely. But leave some conditioner on your strands to keep your hair nourished and healthy throughout the day.
In addition to the natural remedies to make hair soft, there are some bonus tips you can use. Here are some tricks that will help you have silky and soft hair all the time.
Spray your hair with a heat protectant before you blow dry. This will keep your hair moisturized and prevent the dryer from drying your hair out.
- Use a rounded, soft bristle brush to smooth out hair cuticles and evenly distribute oils when you apply product on your hair.
- Avoid smoothing products like creams and serums. It might be tempting, but they will weigh your hair down and cause more damage in the end.
- Always use a lightweight conditioner. To be sure, look for one that has a “volumizing” label on it. Or look for a formula that is designed for thin/fine hair.
- Use a volumizing shampoo. Speaking of volumizing products, make sure your shampoo has the same label as your conditioner to get the best results.
- Don’t wash your hair on a daily basis. Your hair follicles produce natural oils that give your hair its shine and softness. Washing your hair on a daily basis will remove these oils. Of course, it’s important to wash them off eventually, as the oils will cause greasy hair, but washing your hair every day actually strips away healthy oils.
- Don’t use heat products on a daily basis. Speaking of daily treatments, I also recommend that you use flat irons, curling irons, and hair dryers sparingly. Use heating tools and products as little as possible. Also, if it’s possible, allow your hair to air dry after washing.
- Home Remedies for Damaged Hair
Human hair is composed of three main layers: the medulla which is the core,…
- 10 Benefits of Vitamin E Oil on Skin and Hair
Vitamin E is a miracle drug !!. It works wonders on all kinds of skin,…
- How to Grow Super Long Hair! Apply This Remedy & You’ll Never Regret It
Today we’ll show you how to grow super long hair! Whether your hair barely grows…
- It's not gone forever! How to stop and reverse hair loss
Hair is an important component of our personal identities. Its care is a cornerstone of…