Every year, we at EditorsGuides.org, compare, review and research the best home security systems out there. There are a lot of systems out there, so our team has done all the extensive research for you, so that you can focus on what truly matters – staying safe and protecting the ones you love!
We’ve helped millions of people find the best home security system available, keeping in mind things like pricing, customer service, brand reputation, ease of use and many other different factors. It takes a lot of hard work to determine which home security systems are the best bang for your buck, so we’re very proud of the work our researchers have done and continue to do on a daily basis.
On this page you’ll find our top 5 home security systems recommendations for this year. While there are obviously more than 5 home security companies out there, we want to focus on the 5 we feel are best, not only based on things such as quality and reliability, but also on things like value, because the cost of home security systems can really add up over time.
The good news is that it’s now cheaper and more easier than ever to protect your home.
We also paid extra attention to companies who are on the cutting edge and use the very latest home automation technologies and features that were unavailable to the average consumer as recently as 2-3 years ago.
Here Are Our Top 5 Home Security Systems Picks
#1: Nest Secure
In a nutshell: Nest is an amazing platform that comes from the makers of the Nest thermostat, the thermostat that revolutionized energy efficiency. Nest Secure is the perfect security system for people who appreciate reliable, sophisticated, but yet easy-to-use, home security systems.
Some of our favorite things about Nest Secure:
- Easy-to-use App
- Selt-monitoring options (in addition to professional monitoring)
- Integration with other Nest products
- Nest Detect security sensors
- Great customer service
In a nutshell: FrontPoint is one of the best security companies out there. They provide amazing value for your money, and their customer service is very knowledgable and helpful.
Some of our favorite things about FrontPoint:
- Do-it-Yourself installation kit
- Cellular alerts (you don’t need a landline)
- Amazing customer service
- Risk-free, Money-back Guarantee (30 days)
- Video camera & mobile app options
In a nutshell: ADT is a well-known household brand that’s been around for over 100 years, so their reputation speaks for itself. Make sure to go direct if you want the best experience.
Some of our favorite things about ADT:
- 100+ years of experience (hard to beat that!)
- 24/7 phone & email support
- Hardwired or wireless options
- Multiple ADT alarms monitoring centers
- Competitive monthly price
In a nutshell: Vivint has one of our favorite doorbell cameras out of all security systems – its really awesome. Aside from the camera, its a great home automation company that offers Flex Pay, thanks for which you can buy their equipment up front, without any added monthly cost, or contract. You can also finance your Vivint equipment interest-free (get in touch with them for more details on this)
Some of our favorite things about Vivint:
- Energy efficient equipment
- Offers Vivint Flex Pay
- Best doorbell camera
- Lifetime warranty for your equipment
- Highly advanced, but easy-to-use tech
In a nutshell: SimpliSafe, is SimplyPut (pun intended), one of the best home security systems on the market, especially if you don’t want any contracts to come with your home security system.
Some of our favorite things about SimpliSafe:
- No long-term contract
- Extremely easy installation
- Alarm will work without monitoring
- Customers seem to love the product
- Award-winning monitoring
Why are Some Home Security Systems Better than Others?
Its all about experience. The best home security companies provide the best experience for their customers. Instead of trying to sell you a bunch of things you don’t need, a good security company will first and foremost show true and genuine interest in providing you with a home security system that does exactly what you want it to do, nothing more, nothing less, because they understand that every customer is different, and therefore, every customer’s needs are different also.
During our many years of reviewing different home security companies, we’ve come to realize that the very best ones are world-class when it comes to the following 4 things:
- Fantastic customer service where you feel like you’re understood and appreciated
- Pricing that is affordable and easy to understand. The best companies are very upfront and don’t try to hide anything
- State-of-the-art equipment. The best companies don’t spare any expenses when it comes to your protection.
- Second-to-none features because best security systems are always trying to be a step ahead of the bad guys.
It may sound simple, but it all comes down to this: The best home security company is a company that makes you feel more secure knowing that even when you’re not at home, your home, family and important things are protected and secure.
If after doing your research you have this feeling about a particular company – congratulations, we think you found the right one!